In Vietnam, artichoke is not only a vegetable used for food but is also an ingredient used to make tea. We will introduce 2 Vietnamese artichoke tea recipes in this article. It may be the best idea for you to enjoy a naturally sweetened tea. We also introduce 2 different types of Vietnamese artichoke tea to use immediately whenever you want: RTD tea and tea bag.
1. Two Vietnamese artichoke tea recipes highly recommended
Vietnamese people love drinking artichoke tea because it brings many health benefits and a pleasant feeling. Therefore, people create many versions of artichoke tea recipes. We will introduce two signature recipes that use dried and fresh artichoke flowers.
Vietnamese artichoke tea recipe uses dried artichoke flowers
- 15 grams of dried artichoke tea
- 3 – 4 pandan leaves
- 20 grams of rock sugar
- 15 grams of granulated sugar
- Pure water
Four simple steps for a cup of natural sweet artichoke tea:
- Step 1: Put pandan leaves, granulated sugar, and dried artichoke in a pot, pour out the water and boil it.
- Step 2: After the mixture boils, add rock sugar and cook until the sugar dissolves.
- Step 3: Let the liquor cool down a little bit, and then pour the mixture into a sieve.
- Step 4: Strain it into a teapot, then pour in each cup and enjoy.
Artichoke tea can be served hot or cold with ice. We recommend hot drinks. You should use the tea within a day to get the nutrition from the artichoke.
Related post: Benefits for HEALTH from Artichoke tea
Vietnamese artichoke tea recipe uses fresh artichoke flowers
- 3 – 4 fresh artichoke flowers
- 3 – 4 pandan leaves
- Wash artichoke flowers and cut off the long stems. Wash the pandan leaves and roll them into bundles.
- Put clean artichoke flowers and sticky rice leaves in a pot, pour in about 3 liters of cold water, then boil them.
- When water boils, turn down the heat and wait until the flowers are soft and well cooked.
- Fresh artichoke flowers take about 1 hour to ripen. You can use a pressure cooker to save time.
- Take out the artichoke flowers and pandan leaves
- Add sugar to the pot, then boil one more time
- Turn off the heat and wait for the water to cool and enjoy in a cup.
You can let artichoke tea cool off, then keep it in the refrigerator to drink during the day.
There are some notes when drinking this tea:
- Drink tea within the day after cooking it, do not drink if kept overnight.
- Do not mix artichoke tea with other beverages such as coca-cola or fruit juices.
- Do not drink artichoke tea with your empty stomach.
- Do not drink too many cups of artichoke tea per day. Using 3 – 4 cups is good enough.
2. Benefits of drinking Vietnamese artichoke tea
Vietnamese artichoke tea is rich in fiber and vitamins such as vitamin C, K, etc. It also contains many vital minerals such as magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and antioxidants. Let’s study what we have in a standard artichoke (128 grams in raw and about 120 grams cooked) :
|Fiber||6.9 grams||6.8 grams|
|Protein||4.2 grams||3.5 grams|
|Fat||0.2 grams||0.4 grams|
|Vitamin C||25% of the RDI||15% of the RDI|
|Vitamin K||24% of the RDI||22% of the RDI|
|Thiamine||6% of the RDI||5% of RDI|
|Riboflavin||5% of the RDI||6% of the RDI|
|Niacin||7% of the RDI||7% of the RDI|
|Vitamin B6||11% of the RDI||5% of the RDI|
|Folate||22% of the RDI||27% of the RDI|
|Iron||9% of the RDI||4% of the RDI|
|Magnesium||19% of the RDI||13% of the RDI|
|Phosphorus||12% of the RDI||9% of the RDI|
|Potassium||14% of the RDI||10% of the RDI|
|Calcium||6% of the RDI||3% of the RDI|
*RDI= Daily Recommended Dietary Intake
Because of containing lots of nutrients above, artichoke tea ranks among the most antioxidant-rich tea. We discuss Vietnamese artichoke tea benefits in the following part of the article.
2.1 Artichoke tea is good for the liver 
The antioxidants cynarin and silymarin found in artichoke are very beneficial for the liver. It helps to restore the function of the liver, remove harmful toxins by increasing the production of bile, etc.
2.2 Improves function of digestive system
Artichoke provides fiber, so it helps to improve digestive function. Fiber relieves constipation, reduces the risk of stomach and bowel cancer.
2.3 Reduces blood sugar levels 
Scientists have found active ingredients in artichoke can help treat and reduce sugar in the body. It can help stimulate insulin secretion, support the treatment and prevention of diabetes that you may consider using.
2.4 Regulates blood pressure
Artichoke tea contains a good source of potassium to help reduce blood pressure and risk of cardiovascular diseases. It also helps lower blood sugar in the body.
With these benefits, Vietnamese artichoke tea is a healthy beverage with natural sweetness, containing many powerful nutrients which everybody should drink daily. However, it is not easy to make artichoke tea if you are a busy person.
Recently FGC has developed and produced 100% natural artichoke tea under filter tea bag type packing with many conveniences for consumers at a reasonable price.
Natural artichoke tea products manufactured by FGC are packaged in 2 types. A box has 25 round filter bags weighing 2 grams for each bag. The other is a plastic bag with 100 round bags inside. Both of them are convenient for offices, schools, or at home.
You just put 1 – 2 round bags in hot water, wait 2 – 3 minutes, then enjoy a cup of healthy drink. You can add some ice, sugar, or honey for a more tasty cup.
Click here if you want to know more about other Vietnamese herbal tea.
We hope our Vietnamese artichoke tea recipes and tips help you make a cup of tea easily. It is a good choice for anyone who loves to drink herbal tea and enjoy the taste of naturally sweetened tea.