If black tea is characterized by its fermentation method, Oolong is famous for a partial oxidization method. Oolong contributes to only 2% of all tea. With a much more subtle taste than most tea, along with a slightly elegant and flowery note, Oolong tea is most definitely a go-to choice for many connoisseurs.
Although Vietnamese Oolong tea (Trà Ô long Việt Nam) has a smaller market share than green tea and black tea, it has gradually become more popular with tea lovers recently. Because of owning distinct flavor, Vietnamese Oolong tea has become one of the high-end teas. It also has a high position in both the Vietnam market and in many the world market.
You can buy Vietnamese Oolong tea from Future Generation Co., Ltd (FGC) – the largest and most reputable exporter in Vietnam for product quality with ISO standard, variety blending and packaging services, etc. This article will help you to find out more about this.
1. Advantages of buying Vietnamese Oolong tea products from FGC
Vietnamese Oolong tea is a premium tea. The appearance of Vietnamese Oolong tea is tea leaves dried and rounded into dark green pellets. When steeping, its infusion is golden-green and has a delicious taste, easy to drink, mellow, and sweeter than other kinds of tea.
The tea is produced through a strict process and oxidized to ferment from 25-30%, so the tea is fragrant and not as acrid as green tea. This processing method helps Vietnamese Oolong tea bring many health benefits to tea drinkers such as:
- Helps stay awake
- Reduces stress
- Supports lose weight
- Makes bones strong
- Protects the heart
- Reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease in the elderly
- Strengthens immune system
Buying Vietnamese Oolong tea from FGC has many advantages as followings:
FGC is the biggest manufacturer with 15 tea factories across the country. FGC has a closed system of planting, producing and distributing tea to customers, so the price is better than other trading companies. You can completely rest assured to buy Oolong tea at FGC.
Product quality is preserved during long-distance transportation
FGC’s Vietnamese Oolong tea products are processed and packed by modern production lines from European and other countries. It assists in preserving the freshness of the tea and lengthening the shelf life of the products even when they are delivered to really far locations for long periods of time.
Product quality is controlled from input to output
To assure the quality of raw materials, FGC pays close attention to all stages of the Oolong tea production process, from seeding to picking tea leaves. We follow a quality management system with certificates such as ISO 22000, HACCP 2003, GMP, etc.
2. Vietnamese Oolong tea types that FGC can supply
Climate, geography, cultivar, and processing techniques are fundamental factors to get the featured flavor and taste of Oolong tea. FGC’s Oolong tea gardens are planted by purebred Oolong, Oolong Kim Tuyen, and Oolong Tu Quy. These are popular tea cultivars from Taiwan and for high-quality Vietnamese Oolong tea products.
FGC’s tea trees are planted on the tea-growing land of Bao Loc – Lam Dong, which is over 1000m higher than sea level. The climate is cool and foggy all year round, which is good for Oolong tea.
Fresh Oolong tea leaves are selected and processed into round tea pellets. Applying modern technology to help retain the highest content amount of antioxidant EGCG in tea leaves, FGC has manufactured Vietnam Premium Oolong tea products.
Now, I would like to introduce three simplest forms of Vietnamese Oolong tea:
|Red Oolong Tea
||The tea is left longer during the fermentation process, thus bringing oolong tea closer to black tea. It makes red oolong tea has a darker red liquor, with a deeper and more pronounced taste.|
|Green Oolong Tea
||The tea is taken out of the fermentation process earlier, thus bringing oolong tea closer to green tea. It makes Vietnamese green oolong tea produce a green with light yellow liquor with a fresh aroma along with a subtler taste.|
|Roasted Oolong Tea
||The roasted oolong tea is roasted for a longer time, thus having a distinctive roasted aroma that can be very appealing, especially when mixing with other ingredients like milk.|
3. Vietnamese Oolong tea manufacturing process
FGC’s Vietnamese Oolong tea products are carefully selected from input materials and produced under our strict management system on quality, food hygiene, and safety criteria. Here we would like to introduce to you the manufacturing process of Vietnamese Oolong tea at FGC.
Oolong tea is produced from the freshest tea buds. The tea is picked from 3-5 first leaves by hand in the morning when the dew is out.
After picking, the tea leaves must be immediately transferred to the processing factory to be withered, and not more than 2 hours after picking.
- First, fresh tea is spread and dried in the sun with temperature 25-300C for 1.5-2 hours, covered with a mesh to limit direct sunlight. It will increase enzyme activity, promote oxidation for natural fermentation.
- Then, the tea is put in a cooling room at 18-190C for about 9 hours, regularly mixing it well every 3 hours. This step softens tea leaves, making them not be broken during rolling the tea.
Tea is rotated in a spinning barrel for 15-20 times, each time 1 minute. Rotation will help break down the tea leaves cells, make tea oils exposed to oxygen, thereby promoting oxidation.
Put tea in the fermentation room 18-200C for 1,5-2 hours without touching or mixing. In this step, tea leaves are oxidized and develop their unique color and aroma.
Roasting tea at high temperature is used to prevent additional oxidation and begin drying the tea leaves once they have reached the proper level of fermentation. This step makes tea light green and imparts wonderful aromatic flavor for final Vietnamese oolong tea.
The tea is twirled in a specialized machine for 1-2 minutes, which helps tea leaves softer, and makes shaping tea easier.
The tea is pressed, heated, made into pellets, mixed up, and we have round tea balls within 5 hours. The Vietnamese Oolong tea buds have been rounded, tightened, and dried, but still soft.
Drying tea 3 times at about 100-1050C, total time 3-4 hours, which helps reduce moisture content, stabilize the substances in the tea, make tea infusion to be rich in delicate, floral aroma and long lasting fragrance.
3.8. Finished products
When tea leaves are completely dried, they are sorted and divided into types of the same size and color, to make different grades of Vietnamese Oolong tea. Tea grades depend on the rate of broken leaves. Then, they are packed according to the specifications and requirements of the market.
Through the processing method and technique, FGC’s Vietnamese Oolong tea has its own specialty taste and smell, and is controlled about quality from input to output. Moreover, FGC can supply a variety of services to the partners.
To get more information about Vietnamese Tea in Bulk, click here!
4. Advantages of service that FGC offer to partners
If you choose FGC to be your Vietnamese Oolong tea supplier, you will be provided OEM service from tea to packing:
- Blending tea: FGC has a research department, which can arbitrarily blend and flexibility mix many kinds of Oolong teas to get the taste and flavor that customers like, or match with their sending samples.
- Packaging design: Please visit our website Vietnam-tea.com to see every packings and designs for your reference. FGC offers a variety of packages under their private brands and unique designs for partners to choose, from material to style of packaging.
Related products: Vietnamese black tea orthodox made by FGC – the largest brand in Vietnam
5. How to purchase FGC Vietnamese Oolong tea products
Apart from advantages as above, buying Vietnamese Oolong tea from FGC is also simple and convenient.
- Email/Call: Customers can visit our website Vietnam-tea.com and leave their inquiry there, send an email or call us directly.
- Q&A: After receiving your inquiry, we will talk or chat to find out your specific needs.
- Sending samples: We will send you samples in accordance with your reference.
- Quotation: Customer decides to make an order once we come to an agreement on the price, based on the packing you need.
- Making contract: We then finalize our contract terms such as: payment term, packing, marking, delivery, etc.
- Contracting execution: We will start with the production of the order and ship the order accordingly to our terms
If you are interested in Vietnamese Oolong tea, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me directly!
Author: Ms. Tuyet Mai – Sales Executive (email@example.com)