Vietnam is the world’s fifth-largest tea-growing country and the sixth-biggest tea-producing country. Vietnam companies have exported tea products to about 110 countries and regions. There are many benefits of importing Vietnamese tea that may surprise you.
Find out why and how to import tea from Vietnam, as well as the benefits you will receive, by reading this article.
1. Kinds of tea you can import from Vietnam
It is difficult to list all types of Vietnamese tea in a short article because of their diversity. But there are some typical kinds that wholesaler would like to import as follows:
|Name||Grade/Type of Vietnamese tea||Package|
|Vietnamese green tea||
|Vietnamese black tea||
|Vietnamese CTC tea||
|Vietnamese Oolong tea||
|Vietnamese flower-scented tea||
|Vietnamese herbal tea||
|Vietnamese matcha powder||
Related post: Vietnam’s tea export: Situation and improvements
You may have imagined the type of tea you want to buy from Vietnam and wondered how to import it after reading this far. Please proceed to the next section to find the answer.
2. Benefits of importing tea from Vietnam
Here are prominent benefits that you can get from importing Vietnamese tea:
2.1. Optimizing business costs
First and foremost, the price is a significant advantage of importing tea from Vietnam. Vietnamese tea prices are at half or much lower than those from Sri Lanka, Kenya, etc.
Inexpensive input tea helps purchasers cut expenses, enhance profits, lessen competitive pressure, and make final products more accessible to a wider range of customers.
Vietnam can manufacture tea at competitive prices for a variety of reasons, including:
- An abundant source of raw materials: Vietnam’s climate and soil conditions are ideal for growing tea. By 2020, Vietnam has reached nearly 130 hectares of tea regions in 34 provinces. Dry tea production reached up to 200,000 tons.
- Cheap labor costs: Vietnam is a densely populated country with almost 97.58 million people by the end of 2020. Average costs for labor are lower than in many other countries.
- The Vietnamese government encourages the export of tea.
- Vietnam also develops many supporting sectors for the tea industry, such as packaging, transportation, and so on.
Importers will be able to buy Vietnamese tea at a good price, but how is the quality? Let’s find out the answer in the next part.
2.2. Importing high-quality Vietnam tea
The low cost of Vietnamese tea does not imply inferior quality, the purchasers of our tea are also importing good tea.
There are tea classes, tea research, and development centers as well as tea associations in Vietnam. This demonstrates a strong commitment to the tea industry’s long-term development.
The Ministry of Agriculture, through the Vietnam Tea Association, has implemented several policies and actions to improve tea quality to satisfy the standards of many nations.
In Vietnam, there are over 170 varieties of tea with good quality and yield, fulfilling demands for processing various types of tea. In addition, the issues of clean tea, organic tea, pesticide residues, and modern production machines have also been focused on in recent years.
Initially, many companies imported Vietnamese tea just to blend with other sources to reduce costs. But gradually, the quality of Vietnamese tea is good enough to become the sole source of ingredients in many finished tea products being sold around the world.
Click here if you want to buy Vietnamese bulk tea online.
2.3. Having many choices of imported tea products
One of the reasons that Vietnam can export tea to 110 countries is because there are many options for importers.
Vietnamese tea products are very diverse in grades (green, black, CTC, Oolong, etc.) and types (loose tea, filter bags, instant, RTD,…).
Importers choose Vietnamese green tea because of its unique and delicious taste. Some partners choose black tea or CTC tea because of its neutral taste, which is easy to mix or combine with different flavors to create the uniqueness of the finished product. Some may buy our tea because of the reasonable price, good quality and so on…
Vietnamese tea can meet multiple needs of global importers. We will learn about the kinds of tea that you can import from Vietnam in the next part of the article.
3. How to import tea from Vietnam
If you are interested in importing tea from FGC Vietnam, here is a guideline for you.
3.1. Documentaries and procedures
Tea is an agricultural commodity that is encouraged for export, Vietnamese enterprises are also given preferential treatment when it comes to exporting. Importers will not face any difficulties from the Vietnamese side.
Each country may have its own regulations for importing tea from Vietnam. Normally, importers will need the following documents:
- Bill of Lading
- Commercial Invoice
- Packing list
- Phytosanitary certificate
- Certificate of Origin
- Analysis Certificate (Optional)
Above documents will be prepared by Vietnam tea company and sent to importers according to the provisions of the contract. The purchasers can carry out import procedures just like any other goods with these documents.
3.2. Requirement of a content of tea to import
Before starting to contact Vietnamese companies to import tea, you can prepare the following points in advance:
- Importing purpose (in bulk to blend and pack yourself, create new tea brand, make tea extract, process RTD tea, etc.)
- Photo of tea samples that you want to match, if any.
- Packaging type
- Expected price level
- Payment term
- Delivery place
- Estimated quantity
The inquiry process will go more smoothly if the information is supplied clearly to the suppliers. The majority of Vietnamese tea companies are flexible and do not have fixed MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity). The higher quantity, on the other hand, will help them to lower the cost and provide you with better pricing.
Importing will not be difficult if you can find a reliable partner. Let’s see how to find the best Vietnamese brand to import tea in the next section.
4. How to find the best Vietnamese brand to import tea
There are several criteria you need to consider when choosing a supplier and finding the best Vietnamese tea brand to import tea as follows:
- Company establishment and operation time to know the reputation and reliability of the company
- A website with complete and transparent information of products, office, contact details that help capture information about products and contact methods.
- Infrastructure to assess production and supply capacity
- Stable sourcing for fresh tea materials to ensure the long-term supply of tea for you is not interrupted.
- Competitive price to create business advantages
- Quality management system to ensure products’ quality
- Always be flexible in research and sample adjustment to adjust the quality in line with market demand.
- Additional services: Packaging, transportation, documentary, etc. It is for faster and convenient import deployment.
5. Benefits when importing tea from FGC – The best prestigious in Vietnam
When it comes to Vietnamese tea, many domestic and foreign tea businesses probably know about Future Generation Co. Ltd. (FGC), the most prestigious tea company in Vietnam.
FGC was established in 1996 and has more than 20 years of experience in growing, producing and exporting tea. The system includes 15 factories and distributors, 60 tea farms to meet the production capacity of 20000 tons per year.
FGC can supply all the Vietnamese tea products listed in section 2 at reasonable prices. Besides, we also have an R & D department ready to create your own unique tea products.
Quality is strictly controlled and the system is professionally operated according to standards of ISO 2200:2018 and HACCP code 2003.
FGC is equipped with tea production machines imported from Sri Lanka, India, Japan; blending machines from India; packing machines from EU, Malaysia, Taiwan, etc.
FGC can pack tea in various types of packages, ensuring quality for long journeys:
- Bulk: Super sack, PP/PE bag, paper sack, master carton
- Tea bag: Double chamber, single chamber, pod round bag, heat-sealed bag, pyramid bag, stick, etc.
- Pouch/box: 50 gram – 5 kg
- RTD: Aseptic paper box, pet bottle
In addition, we have a team of experienced staff who can advise you on tea quality, packaging, design, marketing plan, and documents to make your purchase and sale more convenient.
FGC’s purchasing process is quite simple as shown in the following diagram:
If you plan to import Vietnamese tea, all you have to do is start contacting us via:
- Website: https://vietnam-tea.com/contact-us
- Email: email@example.com Or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel.: 0084 24 73000125
Importing Vietnamese tea helps you to optimize costs while still ensuring good quality. Contact us to experience many other benefits that may surprise you.
Author: Ms. Hang Gina – FGC Sales Executive