Vietnamese lemongrass tea is not only a beverage but also natural medicine. Lemongrass is a popular spice in Asian cuisine. We won’t go through the many culinary applications of lemongrass in this article; instead, we’ll focus on the pharmacological properties of lemongrass when coupled with tea or other herbs to make drinks that are both healthy and appealing.
Let’s break down the great benefits of lemongrass and determine why it’s so appreciated before we introduce the amazing teas that blend with it.
1. Health benefits of Vietnamese lemongrass tea
Lemongrass has the taste, spicy, fragrant, warm powers, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, lowers gas, clears urine, drains phlegm to treat bloating, diarrhea, and leg edema, and cures cough due to flu, according to Oriental medicine books published a thousand years ago.
According to Western scientific studies, Vietnamese lemongrass tea has many benefits for human health, such as:
- Anxiety alleviation: Sipping hot tea is calming for many people, but lemongrass tea may have additional anxiety-relieving benefits. According to the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, smelling lemongrass may aid those with anxiety.
- Lower your cholesterol levels: According to a study published in the Journal of Advanced Pharmaceutical Research & Technology, taking more doses of lemongrass extract lowers more cholesterol levels.
- Keeping teeth free of infection: According to the research of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, lemongrass may help reduce the occurrence of thrush. There is also much other research that confirms the effect of lemongrass in helping with teeth infection.
Extracts of lemongrass herbs are one of the most potent inhibitors of bacterial growth in lab samples, according to the authors, who looked at 12 herbs. They used germs like Streptococcus sanguinis, which may develop cavities in the mouth.
To sum up, lemongrass is easy to combine with tea and other herbs to produce a delightful lemongrass tea that is good for tea lovers.
Click here to find out more about other Vietnamese sweet teas.
2. 3 popular Vietnamese lemongrass tea recipes
Lemongrass can also be an ingredient for many delicious drinks from hot to cold. Here are the 3 most popular lemongrass tea recipes used in Vietnam.
2.1. Peach Orange Lemongrass Tea
Ingredients (for 3 servings)
- Ice tea x 3 (using Cozy peach ice tea for great taste)
- 03 Fresh oranges
- Water x 1.2 liters
- 6 sliced lemongrasses
- 6 – 9 cut peach pieces
- Sugar or syrup x 3 – 5 teaspoons
- Some ices
- Wash and slice lemongrass into small pieces
- Boil water, then add the lemongrass and cook for another 3 – 5 minutes.
- Stir in the ice tea and turn off the heat.
- While the water is still boiling, add the sugar or syrup and whisk thoroughly.
- Cut the peaches and oranges into slices.
- After the tea becomes cooler, steep the peach and orange slices in it. For a greater flavor, leave it to infuse for 1-2 hours.
- Pour the tea into the glass over ice, then garnish with peach, orange, and lemongrass.
More details can be found at this video:
2.2. Lemongrass Ginger Tea
A cup of lemongrass ginger iced tea is a beverage that can help refresh your body and mind on a hot day in Vietnam. It is super easy to make at home within several minutes.
- Water x1 liter
- Rock sugar x 150gr
- 1 fresh lime
- 3 lemongrass stalks
- 1 ginger
- Step 1: Put 1liter of water and 150 grams of rock sugar in a pot then boil up.
- Step 2: Cut lemongrass stalks 4-5 cm in length and crushes them slightly
- Step 3: Slice ginger in 3mm thickness each
- Step 4: Put all sliced ginger & cut lemongrass together in sugar water and boil them up again
- Step 5: Pour it into a glass mug with 1 Cozy tea bag inside, then keep in 3 minutes
- Step 6: Enjoy your liquid with ice or not. Yummy!
For more recipe of herbal tea click on 5 Vietnamese herbal tea recipes you can do by yourself easily
2.3. Lemongrass Kumquat Honey Tea
- 1 tea bag of Cozy green tea or Cozy mint tea
- 5 – 7 Fresh kumquats
- Water x 250 ml
- Lemongrass x 1 stalk
- Sugar or syrup x 3-5 teaspoons
- Cut lemongrass in 4-5 length
- Cut kumquat into 2 half pieces
- Put all cut lemongrass & kumquat together into the cup, then pour hot water in. Squeeze 3 kumquats to remove the liquid
- Brewing such mixture in 5 minutes before serving
For more other fruit tea recipes in Vietnamese style, click on Top 9 most popular Vietnamese fruit teas
The three Vietnamese tea recipes with lemongrass listed above are only a few of the many available. You’ll need a professional provider with an experienced staff, such as FGC, for more creative formulas with rich variations between tea, lemongrass, and many other herbs. Read the following section to learn how simple it is to work with us.
3. FGC – The best Vietnamese lemongrass tea supplier
FGC has over 25 years of experience in the tea sector and is regarded as a reliable supplier on the global tea map, with hundreds of customers from five continents and approximately 60 countries.
Many of them have strong brands, such as Twinning, Mokhtar, Kamran (UK), Halssen & Lyon, Nadi (Germany), Orimi, May tea (Russia), Lupicia (Japan), and so on.
If you are a B2C firm searching for a Vietnamese tea company to corporate with, consider FGC. We are a leading participant in the B2B-oriented Vietnamese tea market, with advanced production lines, ample acreage, and strong relationships with herbal farms all around Vietnam.
FGC’s Vietnamese Lemongrass Tea Products
Currently, FGC has not launched Lemongrass tea under the Cozy brand yet, but we could supply you with various blending methods for your private labels or work together with you to build up your unique brand of lemongrass tea.
Benefits of choosing FGC to be your lemongrass tea supplier
You’re undoubtedly curious about the advantages of working with us as your brand companion provider. So, let’s have a look at the advantages that are readily apparent as following
Large production capacity in order to meet the high demand
When you start with a small order of one or two product types, you only think about the appropriate price and good quality.
But when you have dozens or even hundreds of items that are produced and distributed to the market at the same time, what do you think is a supplier that can guarantee the accuracy of delivery time, quality, and reliability? The quality meets the set standards and moreover meets both productivity & factory output must be the most concerning issue.
Here are you can get from us:
- Huge stocks of variety tea & herb types from large central warehouse capacity about 10,000 tons.
- Owns many tea farms throughout Vietnam which we can provide 20.000 tons annually
- Any teabag shapes, such as double-chamber, single chamber, round bag, pyramid, can be produced in our modern machines made in Germany, Italia, Japan
- The entire process of quality control of incoming products, at each stage & output is standardized & certified by ISO 22000, HACCP, HALAL, etc.
Combining a variety of services in a single sale
Nowadays, FGC not only offers high-quality Vietnamese lemongrass tea but also provides hybrid solutions as a one-stop shop for tea. We can help companies attract new customers and increase sales through a lot of additional service such as:
- Private label service
- Tea/herbal blending service consulted by our R&D teams to get the innovative & unique methods for clients
- Packaging design support
Tea order & consultant process professionally
If you’ve read this page, you’re probably interested in our products and services. So, we’ll walk you through our professional workflow to help you find the best products for your company.
If you have any further questions about FGC tea or wish to make a purchase, please do not hesitate to contact us:
- Website: https://vietnam-tea.com/contact-us
- Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel.: 0084 24 73000130
We hope that this post has provided you with more relevant information about Vietnamese lemongrass tea as well as more specifics about our service so that you can make an informed decision.
Author: Ms. Jennie Chan – FGC Sales Executive